People have always been fascinated with the sight and sound of falling water and fountains can provide a unique sense of relaxation and enjoyment. Modern pond fountains make it possible for any pond owner to have a fountain that fits their pond size and their budget.
Fountains can be a beautiful addition to any pond, creating a dramatic daytime display as well as a stunning night-time light show. In addition to beauty, fountains also provide valuable aeration for the pond.
When selecting a fountain there are a number of things to keep in mind:
- What spray pattern is the most appealing? Most fountains can be ordered with different nozzle patterns, so pick something that you like. Keep in mind that some patterns emit more water and are therefore better for aeration.
- Is night-time lighting desired? Lighting is a great feature but needs to be added to most systems. Most manufactures offer lighting systems designed specifically for their fountains.
- What motor size is appropriate? The larger the motor, the larger the spray pattern. Keep in mind that larger motors also pump more water, providing more aeration.
- What cord length is needed? You need to calculate the length of cord needed to position the fountain in the pond, but also need to include the distance on shore to the electrical supply that you intend to use.
- Is there adequate electrical supply available? You may need to consult your electrician on this one. The electrical supply you intend to use must be adequate to support the size of fountain that you purchase and needs to be located near the pond.
Purchasing a fountain can be a significant decision providing many hours of enjoyment but also improving your pond and property value. There are lots of options on the market, but choosing a quality unit that will provide years of trouble-free operation is always a good decision.
You can check out our selection of fountains here!
If you are interested in a fountain and would like some assistance in deciding which one is right for you, don’t hesitate to give us a call! We can match you to the right fountain to help you enjoy your summer pond retreat. We also provide installation services with removal of the fountain in the fall included. Just give us a call: 231-389-2514 or email email@example.com .