Honey Hole Spawning Discs – Fish Habitat Structure
$139.00 – $229.00
Honey Hole Spawning Disks can help improve hatching success by as much as 300-400 percent! Often, silt is the predominant substrate within ponds. Unfortunately, silt can smother eggs, leading to catastrophic egg loss. Spawning disks create an elevated nesting site, which which dramatically reduces losses due to smothering from silt.
Each Honey Hole Spawning Disc is a 20 inch, concave poly disc that is elevated off the bottom of the pond. If you have a pond with a pretty firm base, you’ll want to use the Honey Hole Spawning Disc with Stake option. This includes a 9-inch PVC stake for each disc that will keep the disc elevated. However, if your pond has a very silty or sandy bottom, or you have some sort of liner, you’ll want to choose the Spawning Disc with Weighted Bracket Option. The Weight Bracket easily attaches to the Spawning Disc, keeping your Disc in place, about 7 inches off the pond bottom.
Discs with Stakes Assembly:
- Place the washer between the head of the screw and the top of the disc.
- Place the stake below the disc.
- Attach the stake to the disc using a Phillips head screwdriver.
- To install: Push the stake into the ground leaving a gap of about 3” below the disc.
Discs with Weight Bracket Assembly:
- Attach the weight bracket to the underside of the disc using the (4) included self-drilling screws.
- To install: Toss the disc into the water. The pre-drilled holes will allow the water to come through and the disc to sink to the bottom.
Honey Hole artificial structures are easy to install, don’t grow, rot, or release toxins, making them an ideal way to quickly achieve better habitat for your fish.
- Size: 20 in. Concave Disk
- Height With Stake: 1 ft.
- Height With Bracket: ~ 8 in.
- Estimated Usable Surface Area: 2.18 sq. ft.
- Ideal Depth Placement: 2 – 4 ft.
Stakes, Weighted Brackets