Sonar Broad Spectrum Weed Control – (8oz)September 13, 2017
Clipper Herbicide – 5lbs Dry PowderSeptember 13, 2017
Sonar Broad Spectrum Weed Control – Quart (32 oz)
SONAR A.S. is a broad spectrum herbicide for the management of aquatic vegetation in fresh water ponds, lakes, reservoirs, potable water sources, drainage canals and irrigation canals. Sonar is very effective on duckweed and milfoil.
Sonar should be applied early in the season, prior to or just after plant growth begins. Treatments may last for several seasons. Sonar is absorbed by the plant and inhibits its ability to photosynthesize, causing it to die.
Initial results may be seen in 10 days. Complete kill can take 30 to 90 days.
Sonar is effective in extremely low concentrations. Therefore, relatively little Sonar A. S. is required compared to other herbicides, this saves significant time and effort in application and may be just as cost effective.
Vascular Aquatic Plants Controlled by Sonar include:
- Common Duckweed
- Water Lily
- Common Coontail
- Common Elodea
- Brazilian Elodea
- Cabomba (Fanwort)
- Naiad family (Najas spp.)
- Pondweed family (Potamogeton spp., except Illinois Pondweed)
- Watermilfoil (except variable-leaf milfoil)
Vascular Aquatic Plants Partially Controlled by Sonar include:
- Common Watermeal
- American Lotus
- Creeping Waterprimrose
- Illinois Pondweed
- American Eelgrass (Tapegrass)
- Variable-leaf Watermilfoil
Partially Controlled Shoreline Grasses including:
- Giant cutgrass
- Reed canarygrass
- Southern watergrass
- 45-90 Parts per Billion for ponds (3.8-7.7 fluid ounces per acre-foot)
- 10-90 Parts per Billion for lakes and reservoirs (1-7.7 fluid ounces per acre-foot)
Water Use Restrictions:
- No water use restrictions for drinking, fishing, swimming, livestock/pet consumption
- Some restrictions for application near potable water intakes and irrigation uses, see label below for specifics
As always, read and follow the label instructions for complete information on use, application and restrictions. Click link to download label: Sonar-AS_Label
Understanding herbicide application can be confusing. Call us toll free for assistance: 877-389-2514
Available in four sizes: 8 oz., Pint, Quart, and Gallon.
Due to state Restrictions, we are unable to ship THIS USEPA registered herbicide to the following states: Alaska, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Idaho, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington.